Willow Cottage is a lovely self catering cottage set within a short walk of Rye of around 2 miles.
Once part of the owner’s home this large, light and airy wing has been lovingly transformed into a beautiful holiday home, welcoming couples and families who wish to stay somewhere rural, yet close to Rye and within a short drive of Camber Sands.
If this beautiful property seems a little familiar then you may recognise it as once being the former home of Spike Milligan, the comedian, writer and actor, who lived in the property and is now buried at Winchelsea, just a few miles away.
Both delightful bedrooms have lovely views.
The king-size master bedroom has outside access with steps leading down into the garden, so you can enjoy the sounds of a dawn chorus from the comfort of your bedroom with the French doors ajar, or you can step down into the garden without waking the rest of your fellow guests.
The beautiful dog secure private garden/ terrace with BBQ is a fantastic and secure area for your dogs to play.
A family bathroom completes this first floor, which is just the place for someone who likes to relax in a deep, warm bubble bath, while the ground floor wet room is perfect for those who like to feel the jets of water, washing away the day’s activities before settling down to relax.
The well-equipped kitchen with central island and breakfast bar, is ideal for grabbing a quick breakfast before heading out for the day, while the dining area is perfect for enjoying a relaxed home-cooked meal.
On a summer’s evening, why not open the patio doors leading out to the garden and dine alfresco?
When it’s time to retire inside, snuggle down on one of the comfy sofas and for those guests using the sofa bed, a handy screen has been provided for your privacy.
The beautiful medieval town of Rye with its cobbled lanes and quaint shops, tiny tea rooms and local inns serving delicious meals made from local produce, and of course being so close to the sea there are plenty of fish and chips shops.
Fishing trips can be enjoyed from the harbour and on Thursdays the town buzzes with its famous market, where you can buy everything from homemade bread to freshly-grown vegetables.
Just a short distance away is Camber Sands where you can laze and relax on golden beaches, and for those with youngsters or are simply young at heart, let your creative juices loose on those sandcastles!
Alternatively, for somewhere more lively and with lots of music and nightlife, take a trip into Hastings further along the coast.
Rye is the perfect spot for a holiday for all at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms with Sky TV: 1 x king-size double with outside access, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and two sitting areas (one with double sofa bed).
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, coffee machine, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with basic Sky, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Dog secure private garden/ terrace with BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Due to the waste unit at the cottage, bleach and antibacterial products must not be used, all products for cleaning are provided by the owner
- Note: No unacceptable products to be disposed of in WC
- Note: Due to the outside access from the master bedroom with steps down to the garden, children must be supervised at all times.
- TO book direct with the owners please call us on 01797 690645 or 07774 870465 or indeed email email@example.com