The Sewing retreat is a chance to spend a week sewing and learning without the distractions of everyday life. Uninterrupted sewing time with two experienced tutors and a group who are as passionate about making as you are.
On the retreat you will be able to work on any Merchant & Mills project. We welcome all levels as Katie & Elwen will both be on hand during the retreat ensuring everyone gets the attention and guidance they need. If you’re unsure what to make during your retreat we are on hand to guide you and assess what might work within the time.
There are 6 places on each retreat, accommodation is included. Rooms are single occupancy and for the student only.
What is included in your retreat fee:
- 5 night stay at The Grove, in the heart of Rye (Monday night to Friday night inclusive). This is a 2 minute walk from the shop and workshop where you’ll be sewing.
- Welcome drinks at The Grove, where you meet your tutors and fellow students.
- 3½ days tuition with two experienced tutors.
- Breakfast goodies at The Grove.
- A beautiful seasonal lunch on all days.
- Plentiful teas, coffees and cake at the studio.
- A farewell supper with your tutors including wine.
- 3 patterns of your choice.
- 10% off all purchases in the shop.
You can check into the Grove from 15:00 on Monday. There will be a meet and greet at 16:30 with your fellow housemates and tutors. Check out is by 12:00 on Saturday.